Sunday, January 10, 2010

SSCC #21

"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind our wounds." Hosea 6:1

I will never ever forget that last verse to the song Holiness. You might know the one..."Holiness, Holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need..." And I am usually in tears by the time I get to the last verse "Brokenness, Brokenness is what I long for. Brokenness is what I need. Brokenness is what you want from me." Every time I hear that I think of the story I heard as a kid about broken glass. At first glance, it may just look like a piece of broken glass. But when the sun hits that glass we see beautiful light reflected that we would never have seen if the glass had not been broken.

The challenge this week at SSCC is to make the broken look beautiful...create a mosaic, or tear apart and stitch back together. In some way have your image look broken. I totally tried something new and different for me. :) Here's my card:



I do hope you play along with us. :)

Have a great Sunday!

Supplies:
Cardstock--Stampin' Up!, Papers, Stickers and Lace--Websters Pages, Stamp and Ink--Stampin' Up!, Bird Mirror--Heidi Swapp for Advantus, Thread--DMC.

6 comments:

Alex said...

WOW!! You totall ROCKED the challenge, this is gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful card, love the vintage image. So Lovely.

laterg8r said...

beautiful card and love the sentiment :D

Helen said...

So pretty! That image is perfect for this challenge! Beautiful card!
Blessings!
~H

Anonymous said...

I love the stamp. There definitely days like that. Stitching you image back together is brilliant!! Have a great week

Renee said...

This is really beautiful.