Sunday, January 31, 2010

Why do we forget?

12 years ago I was in a pretty serious car accident.  We rolled 570 feet down a cliff.  Thankfully, we were all wearing seat belts...which we were told saved our lives.  After that I was a huge proponent of wearing seat belts!  I always wore them...I never forgot.  I would tell people to put them on when they got in my car.  I knew that seat belts were important and that they had saved my life.

Today, I was driving and I realized that I didn't put on my seat belt.  I have noticed lately that it doesn't seem to be as much of a priority as it once was.  I just sometimes forget.  I started to think about it more and how it related to God.  God has saved my life!  God has a set a fire in me.  Then why do we sometimes seem to forget?  We find ourselves getting to that point where He isn't as important as He once was.  He isn't such a priority.  And we just forget what a miraculous, life-saving thing God has done in our lives.

I don't want to forget.

I want it to be obvious that I remember daily what God has done for me!

And by the way...that accident was a huge, significant miracle in my life.  God worked in and through it.  God is the one who kept us safe.  If you want to know more about it...ask me sometime, because after I tell you the details you could never deny that God was there.

No comments: