Thursday, June 25, 2009

Amazing Race *1st Assignment*

Woo Hoo....the race has begun and I am officially done with the first leg. Hope you have been following along, but if not, here is an update. :)

So yesterday at noon, a clue was posted on the RP blog. This is what it said:


With a scrapbook page nearly finished, how do I embellish it?
Do I grab some bling maybe a button or two?
But wait a minute this page is on the computer
And the screen is oh so flat
What I would really like to know is
How do you embellish-online?

The clues lead us to online spots where we can find the challenges. At first I was like "what????" but then I remembered a friend's blog who I read who used to post about a DT she was on for Embellish it or something like that. See--all that blog reading DOES pay off. :) So I was able to find the site rather quickly just by going to her blog and clicking on the link. The site for this clue is www.embellish-online.com.

And here is the first challenge...we had to use our "Game Time" papers and this sketch by the fabulous Beckie:


At first glance you may not think I followed the sketch, but I swear I did! :) Here's my layout:

Page 1--

Page 2--


And several close up's:




Now I am nervous and second guessing everything. The other ladies have done fabulous jobs, check theirs out in the leg 1 gallery here. BTW...I SO love these ladies that I am in this amazing experience with. They are all awesome and I feel like we are all friends. :) Kinda unusual for a competition, but hey...

If you haven't already...head to the Rusty Pickle blog to win some goodies!!! And I hear there will be more too. ;)

15 comments:

Suz said...

Fantastic Page. Good luck with the competition

Chris said...

Beautiful work Pamela! Great take on that sketch. I need to put that one away in my mind to use one of these days myself. :)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

This is so cool but i cannot honestly tell if it is a digital page or not!

Jocelyn said...

Oh good luck sweetie, I love this LO!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! GO PAMELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the days of our life said...

Oh WOW This sketch is amazing and your LO is Gorgeous.

vtpuggirl said...

Amazing page, you got this one for sure girl! It's just beautiful!

Katrina Hunt said...

Oh my goodness...what an awesome layout....I love it!!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Hi Pamela,
Wonderful lo! Keep up the good work ~:O)

I have a job right now, but I will be back to posting my lo's soon enough!

Rose Ann

Chris said...

this is fabulous! so trying this LO!! >"<

Anonymous said...

Awesome take on the sketch Pamela and good luck with the mini album, your race friend, Tiff :o)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

You really rocked that challenge Pamela!

Jen Martakis said...

This is awesome Pamela! I'm rooting for you!!!

Jennifer Davis said...

Wow, what an awesome sketch! You totally rocked it...just fantastic!

DebW said...

Love the muted colors of these papers and your pics go well! I'm rootin for ya Pam!

CJ said...

Beautiful creations Pamela! Loving all the details. Beautiful!