Thursday, June 18, 2009

Proof

Ok, like promised, here is the mini album I made for Rusty Pickle's Amazing Race submission.  I have called it "Proof."  Proof that the boys are best friends.  Proof that they love each other.  I decided to make this album after I found them fighting and one said "I hate you!  You are not my friend!"  I remember the love/hate days of growing up with siblings...but I never want the boys to forget that they love each other.  Now when I catch one saying something like that I can go get out my handy Proof album.  :)  (LOL...They may come to hate it!)

First, let me explain the bag.  I was inspired to make a bag to hold my mini album, I was inspired by the leftover piece of chipboard from a scalloped circle.  So I made a bag with a clear, plastic front so you can see through it and see the front cover of the album.  :)  Well, here are the pics, remember you can click on any of them to make them bigger...









Some of you have asked about the Amazing Race.  Well I did post about it, but...Rusty Pickle had a call for their design team in the form of an "amazing race".  People had to submit three projects.  They narrowed it down to 12 finalists, and I was one of the lucky ones.  Now I don't know too many details, but here's what I know...

*  RP sent out boxes (FABULOUS boxes) to all of the finalists.
*  The race will begin after everyone has received their box.  They are aiming for Monday, June 22nd.  
*  There will be a series of clues, site searching, and challenges.  
*  The Amazing Race is anticipated to end around July 7th.  
*  6 lucky designers from the 12 will be asked to join the design team.
*  I keep hearing how fun it was to watch the Amazing Race last time Rusty Pickle did it.
*  I also keep hearing how the participants got very  little sleep during that time!  

Wish me luck!   And I seriously hope you all follow along!  For more information, stay tuned to the Rusty Pickle blog, and they have also created a fun Amazing Race page on Facebook.  Become a fan...  :)   

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a cute mini. I really like the purple and burnt orange combo. Also, I have just given you a bloggy award. Stop on by and grab it!

Jocelyn said...

Love the mini...you did an outstanding job on this one!!!! Will have to keep up with the race!!! Have fun!!! :)

Sarah said...

This is an amazing mini album! I sure hope you make the team because you deserve it. Your stuff is seriously awesome!

Amy said...

love the mini album and the idea behind it....might have to steal your idea w/3 boys in my house :) good luck with the amazing race!

Katrina Hunt said...

This is just AWESOME....I love it!!! Great job! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

Rissa said...

The mini album is fabulous!!! Can't wait to see your amazing race stuff!

Claude said...

That's a fabulous album!
I can't wait to follow the amazing race! Good luck to you!

Regina said...

that is really pretty...love the color combo! that was a serious box of goodies you got! I can't wait to see what you make! Good luck!!

Hannie C said...

What a great idea, I can really use that on my two boys. Your album is wonderfully made and the meaning itself is worth more than anything else. I love it!

jpitta said...

What an adorable idea and the colors and design of the book are gorgeous! Your boys will be lucky to have that when they are older... good luck in the amazing race!

Alex said...

How totally cute Pamela - I love this!! The colors are fabulous!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

all the days of our life said...

Oh WOW That album is awesome.

TanishaRenee said...

Good luck! Fabulous mini! I'll have to keep this idea in mind for when my boys get to that stage!