Thursday, January 8, 2009

Too Morbid?

I hesitated before I scrapped these pictures because they are of a cemetery.  It just seemed weird to scrap about a cemetery.  But it was a fun adventure that we had with the boys.  We hiked up (really...a short hike) to see Doc Holliday's grave in Glenwood Springs, CO.  We talked to the boys some about Doc Holliday and then wandered around the rest of the cemetery wondering what everyone else's stories were.  Especially the unmarked graves or the graves where there was a family that all died the same day.  It really gets you thinking about life.  Anyways...here's a page I made last night with some of those pictures:



This layout uses stamping again.  I got a new order from Unity Stamp Company.  So you will probably see those coming out in the next few weeks.  :)  I can't wait to play more with them.  Oh and that ribbon was creme colored but I took an ink pad and swiped it over the ribbon because I didn't have any that color green and that was what I wanted.  :)  So there is another trick for you.  

Supplies:
Papers--Tinkering Ink, Stamps--Unity Stamp Company, Gaffer Tape--SIStv, Ribbon--Websters, Ink and Embossing Powder--Stampin' Up!, Chipboard Letters--K and Company, Letter Stickers--Adornit, Button--Kitty Robot, Thread--DMC, Pen--Creative Memories, 3D paint--Scribbles.  

5 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Cool layout!
Perfect lo idea for pics of my son with his school class visiting -Ghost town of Bodi CA. They did headstone rubs with pencil and paper. Then wrote about the persons history.
Not too morbid, I am from the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mtns, I can appreciate Old Western history.

Have a scrapfull day!

Ann Arbogast said...

Nice layout. And yes, Rose Ann...headstone rubbings. I actually think that headstone rubbings of the designs on pp would make a unique page.

What's really sad when you go to cemetaries and see the old heastones that just say infant, and the dates. There is no name.

Rachelle said...

not too morbid at all. great layout

Alex said...

I like it - I don't think it is morbid at all!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

ellen s. said...

i love cemeteries. i go to them a lot, people think it is weird but we are only one of the few societies that don't use them like parks.

and what a coool tomb to go see!

now, did you background stamp that kraft pp? i love it!

glad to have you over at serendipity!
p.s. it's ellen {aka sillygirl}