Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My theory must not have been right.

So I really was disappointed when The Coconut ScrapShop discontinued their kits...and their design team (me).  I wanted to find something to replace that in my life...another kit club to be on the DT for.  I always thought that the more published you were, the better chance you would make a DT.  Well if that was true I should have more chance of making one now then ever, because I was only published once before.  I have had good luck with being published lately and have several that are coming up.  Back in Feb. 08, when I first decided that I wanted to be on a design team, I tried out for two DT's.  I made them both.  It wasn't hard and I loved it.  But now...it is a different story.  I have tried out for a few now, since the CSS one ended...and I have made none.  They were ones I really would have liked to be on too.  I know that the competition is stiff and that it is hard to select a DT.  I'm not mad about not making it.  It's so easy to get disappointed though when you don't make it.  I know there are ladies that just keep trying out for DT's over and over again...I applaud you...it's tough.  But I am going to just keep trying.  I'm already in the "moving on...something else will happen" phase.

I just thought I would share what is going on with me.  

I will leave you with a card I made...a very simple looking card.  :)  


Supplies:
Cardstock--This is actually the cardboard that is at the end of paper packs (both the card and the circle I stamped the owl on. Chipboard--Stampin' Up!  Stamps--Pink Paislee (owl) and Stampendous ("Hello").  Ink, Embossing Powder and Markers--Stampin' Up!  Paper and Button--Basic Grey.  Ribbon--Stampin' Up!  Thread--DMC.  Pen--Creative Memories (outlined "Hello" with).

4 comments:

Alex said...

Hang in there Pamela!!! I too feel your pain!! Your card is adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Amanda said...

I am sure something will pop up for you! I have only tried out for one DT~Scraplovers last year and didn't make it, then I actually had a company contact me so that they could scraplift a layout. I asked about DT positions and then they emailed asking me to join. Wasn't looking for it. Sometimes the best things are the ones that you aren't expecting!

Tracey Taylor said...

I think most of us have been there at one point or another. Keep working at it and try not to second guess yourself. It's not about the number of pubs or DT's you are on...it's about the process, about having a creative outlet and about enjoying yourself while preserving your family's memories.

Rose Ann said...

Hi Pamela,
Sorry to hear the unhappy news. (((hugs)))

Love all of your work very much!
The Owl card is wonderful.
As for me, I have made 2-4 cards ever, so I can appreciate the precious cards you make. TFS!

Please visit my blog as I have a lil award for you.

Have a scrapfull day!