Thursday, January 15, 2009

Feelin' So Inspired!

Let me tell you about Unity Stamp Company.  If you follow my blog, you know that I recently ordered one stamp set and then went back and order a few more.  You have seen the stamps on my projects.  Now, no offense to Stampin' Up! (who has my been my longtime favorite stamp company) but I love Unity stamps!  I find them so inspiring.  It has been a long time since I used stamping on my scrapbook layouts, and lately I just want to use stamps on all of them!!!  I love that!  I love feeling inspired by a stamp company.  Here's a layout I finished last night:


It has a lot of stamping on it.  I stamped and embossed the fence on patterned paper and then cut it out.  I stamped the flowers on the background sheet of paper, and I embossed one more flower and cut it out...placing it on top of the felt flowers.  I stamped the lace border that is on the red tag.  And I stamped the word "{heart}" at the bottom of my journaling.  :)  In case you want to know, here are the stamp sets from Unity Stamp Company that I used for this page:

"Owl Always Love You"--click here to view stamp set.
"It's The Little Things" (July kit of the month)--click here to view stamp set.  

If you would love to see more stamping projects, Unity does this thing they call Hip Hop Thursday.  If you click on Angela's blog then she gives you a link to a blog that starts it off and then you just go through and blog hop (I think it is all their DT that does it), but I looked through it last week and it was fun!  

My layout was done for the "Fresh Starts" theme challenge over at ScrapLovers.  I tried to keep the journaling real and honest without going into a lot of details.  :)  

The rest of my supplies came from the Studio Calico January kit.  

Supplies:
Paper--Crate Paper and Studio Calico, Stamps--Unity Stamp Company, Ink--Stampin' Up!, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel--Ranger, Bingo Card (HOME)--Jenni Bowlin, Photo Turns and Brads--American Crafts, Felt Flowers--Creative Imaginations, Thread--DMC, 3D Paint--Scribbles

6 comments:

salme said...

I love this especially the fence! Really cool!

Amanda said...

Love these stamps. I am going to check the site out! Thanks for sharing.

By the way...don't shoot me and you don't have to participate, but I tagged you on my blog. I normally lurk and don't post! So no matter if you participate or not. I just figured that my ceiling might cave in if I didn't follow thru and name 6 people on the post!

Chelsey said...

something for you on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I am loving that layout! ANd your card from the previous entry is just stunning!

Ann Arbogast said...

I am loving all the journaling in this layout.

Unknown said...

So been there and done that with the MIL after our return home and along came the same marriage issues for us. I cant wait to get into our new home. Can't happen soon enough. Love the page idea