Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Use the Glimmer Screen


What is it with me and butterflies lately? This is actually something I started before Christmas. It was going to be a Christmas gift, but I ended up deciding against it.  The canvas is about 7 x 9. I sprayed the canvas with Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels (colors: "Wheatfields" and "Golden Terracotta").  Then I decided to put the actual Glimmer Screen ON my project instead of just using it as a mask, and then sprayed a lot around it to create a unique look. The butterfly was also sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Colors: "Golden Terracotta" and "Midnight Blue"). I folded the butterfly to make it seem as if it was coming off the page and then adhered it to the canvas. I added a row of rhinestones down the middle of the butterfly. Then I found some artsy patterned paper from Fancy Pants that I liked. I used my scalloped die cut and my Quickutz Revolution to create a border that I adhered around the canvas. I added the words "Cherish Life".  The idea was to give the canvas with a journal, which was why I chose those words.  Anyways...so there it is.  :)  


Supply List:
Canvas--Master's Touch
Glimmer Mist--Tattered Angels
Glimmer Screen--Tattered Angels
Patterned Paper--Fancy Pants
Glimmer Chip (chipboard Butterfly)--Tattered Angels
Letters--American Crafts and Scenic Route
Rhinestones--Tech Gear

2 comments:

Alex said...

I LOVE this - and all the butterflies you have been doing lately! This turned out gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deanna said...

Wow! That's simply gorgeous!