Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2009 Calendar

Ok...so I think there must have been some Blogger tracking system that registers when people complain about them, and then some Blogger dude that quickly fixes the problem, because right after I complained that it wouldn't work...wouldn't upload pictures...it started working!  :) 


This is one of those projects that I have been working on for a little while and it was just taking forever.  Not necessarily because the project should take forever, but because I was moving VERY slow with it!  I don't know if it was because I haven't been feeling too well, or because I just lacked motivation...but I had the hardest time getting this done!  But it is!  Done.  

This is one of my projects for this month's ScrapLovers reveals.  The "Calendar Album" comes from Maya Road as well as the chipboard I used.  The papers, brads, and chipboard numbers are all part of the Savannah collection from 7 Gypsies.  You can view that collection here.  I also got to incorporate these fun "Frosty Treat Stars" from Prima.  

Anyways...so here is the whole thing...













My approach to this project changed many times!  I wasn't sure that I wanted to make a calendar that I put a lot of effort into if I could only use it for a year.  So I designed the calendar myself in Photoshop.  That way I could easily make the same size, same look calendar for any year.  Then I took special measures to make my pages so I could easily replace the old calendar with a new one for 2010 (and any year after that).    And totally as a side note...did you know how easy it is to make brushes in Photoshop?  I had no clue it was so easy.  So I made brushes for each of these monthly calendars.  IF I can figure out how to put them on my blog so anyone who wants to can download them, then I will do it (let me know if you know how to do this!).  

But back to my approach...after doing all of that to make sure I could replace the calendars...I changed my mind.  I now plan on taking the album off the stand and then making it into my "year in review" album...incorporating additional pages with photos, etc, for each month of 2009.  :)  So look for that in 2010.  

Anyways...there you have it.  

Thanks random blogger dude (?) for fixing my problem.  :)

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

very cute! That will make and awesome year in review book too.

Jennifer Davis said...

Love that project!

Linda Beeson said...

What a great project! Every page is yummy and it will just plain be fun to use all year.

Jess said...

i love it!

Marlana said...

That came out really great! Good job!

Alex said...

It was totally worth waiting for Pamela!! I LOVE this - it turned out gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cindy S. said...

This turned out REALLY gorgeous! It is rotten when our mojo takes off in the middle of a lengthy project. I hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

i love the calendar. although it's totally frusterating sometimes it's also cool to see how a project evolves.

Stacey said...

Love this calender - you work is beautiful!

liliput said...

Gorgeous Calendar! :)