Sunday, January 4, 2009

Butterfly Home Decor


We have been remodeling our house, so I had lots of leftovers laying around the house. I decided to use some of them. I took leftover quarter round and built a frame. The back was leftover base board from our kitchen cabinets.



Then I added cork to the frame, this was leftover too from my cork floor in my craft room. 


Because my cuts were not perfect, I added some 3D paint around the edge of the cork. It's very hard to see from the pictures, but I also have some little rhinestones mixed in with the 3D paint.


I added more rhinestones, this time making a row of them down the middle of the butterflies, adhered the butterflies to my cork and then added the words "smile, laugh, play" to my project.






Supplies:
Cardstock from Bazzill.
Glimmer Screens and Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.
Letters from American Crafts.
Rhinestones from Darice.
3D Paint from Scribbles.
Other: Quarter round, baseboard, cork flooring, paint, nailing gun.

15 comments:

Jess said...

adorable!

Ann Arbogast said...

Very pretty and very creative.

Anonymous said...

I might to ge me some of those glimmer screens! Your creation is beautiful!!

Maria said...

Love this!

Alex said...

That is soooo cute Pamela!! I totally love it - so creative! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chris said...

How wonderful!

DebW said...

Pretty and very simple yet chic and elegant! Cool beans!

Lida said...

That is so pretty, great job!!

Jennifer Davis said...

This is just adorable, what a great idea!

salme said...

This is beautiful!

Grace Tolman said...

awesome project!!! you sure are an inspiration. thanks for visiting my blog too. take care

Unknown said...

adorable, they look so cute in their little frame

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh its GORGEOUS!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Chelsey said...

wow - beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How sweet..! It is so cute and beautiful. I am totally in love with butterfly home decor.