Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Paper Piecing

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all the congratulations on making the Fancy Pants design team...I am still floating. :) So you wanna see another one of the projects I did for the DT call????

I've really been into paper piecing lately, maybe it's because I have been working on an article on paper piecing...you will see it in the December issue of ScrapStreet. I wanted to create a canvas to hang in Eryn's room. I love to be inspired by papers. In this case I loved an owl design that was on one of the papers from Fancy Pants Designs. I let it inspire me to recreate a similar image in a much larger form on a canvas.


You want to know my secret? I actually scanned the owl image from Fancy Pants paper and then enlarged it and printed it. It was blurry but that didn't matter because I only wanted to use it as a template to recreate the owl image that I loved so much. :)

Here are some close up's of those owls...



My papers are all from Fancy Pants Designs, from their "This Girl" Kraft Kuts collection.

Hope you have enjoyed my project today!

Have a fantastic day...and look for my Paper Piecing article in the December issue of ScrapStreet! :)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

So adorable! Congrats! ;)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, these owls are sooo cute! love them!! What a fun idea to make them big this way! I love owls!! Very nice!

Hugs, Wendy

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! This is just adorable! Love all the paper piecing! I just love all the textures, shape and colors of these cute owls. Thanks for the inspiration.

Martine said...

those owls are too cute! great work!

Jolanda said...

this is so cool!!I love it.Very nice work!!

Anonymous said...

How cute are you? Love what you did!

Lisa C. said...

Those are the cutest owls I've ever seen!!