Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Helmar Techniques

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share a layout with you that I created a while back but haven't shared yet. It is a two page layout and it is just chalked full of Helmar techniques. :)



Techniques:
1. I used lace cardstock as a mask. I laid it over my two pieces of cardstock and the sprayed the V2 Vellum Adhesive over it. Then, after allowing it to dry a few minutes, I poured embossing powder over my cardstock. I then heat embossed.
2. On the remainder of the lace cardstock I added a little bit of pearl ex to it for a bit of shine.
3. I took some plastic wrapping (trash) from previously bought scrapbook supplies. I took my Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and drew a heart it on the plastic. I let it dry a little bit, then I sprayed it with blue Glimmer Mist. I allowed that to dry a little bit, then took a q-tip and picked up the excess Glimmer Mist from the plastic. I allowed it to dry completely, cut it out and sprayed V2 Vellum Adhesive on the back to adhere it to my page. 4. I also added white Zap Dots (1/4") to my design, in the bottom left and right corners. I left the peeling on though and just used it as part of the design.
Helmar Products Used:
1. V2 Vellum Adhesive--for techniques and to adhere lace and lace cardstock to the page.
2. 450 Quick Dy Adhesive--for technique and to adhere bow to the page
3. Quick Fix Adhesive Runner--to adhere papers, chipboard and photos to the page.
4. Zapdots--added to page as part of the design.

Here are some close up's:





Thanks for checking out the blog today and I hope you are having an awesome day!!!






Supplies:
Cardstock--American Crafts, Papers--The Girls' Paperie, Lace Cardstock--, Adhesives--Helmar Adhesives (V2 Vellum Adhesive, 450 Quick Dy Adhesive, Quick Fix Adhesive Runner, Zap Dots), Embossing Powder and Pearl Ex Powder--Stampin' Up!, Chipboard Letters--My Little Shoebox, Lace--Webster Pages and Model Crafts, Computer Program (for journaling)--Microsoft Word, Computer Font--Chalkboard.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Great layout! :)

June Goh said...

wow that's really cool. especially using the adhesive to hold the embossing powder.

salme said...

Great technique!

erin said...

so cool pam!