Friday, August 13, 2010

MLS Sketches!

Hi everyone! My Little Shoebox is going to start doing something new! :) They will have sketches on their blog now, with chances to win some awesome MLS goodies. I myself will be designing the sketches. :) So here is the first sketch:



And here is the layout that I made for this sketch, it uses the new Sunday Market line from MLS.



I took one of the scalloped pieces of paper, turned it over and used it as a mask on my paper. I used a chalk ink pad and dabbed around the edges to show the scalloped border. And the cool thing is that I can still use my paper since I was inking around the back. :) Just a tip.

Here are a few close up's:



Those "buttons" are actually the insides of the chipboard letter "d"'s that I used on my layout.



That flower is a punch from Fiskars. Fiskars and MLS have paired up for the month of August, so you will see more projects from me that use both of these fabulous companies. :)

I hope you play along with us over at the MLS blog!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the sketch. :)

Have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

Dora said...

a delicious sketch! thanks, Pamela

Christy said...

GREAT sketch and adore that layout :)

Rene Sharp said...

You really make the most gorgeous sketches Pamela!! LOVE the page you created based on your sketch, so colourful and happy. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Natalie Jane said...

I do love your sketches!! :)
Great page too!!!