Monday, July 25, 2011

Supply Savviness

Today I thought I would share some quick and easy ideas to stretch your supplies and get more out of them!

All of my products come from American Crafts. Specifically, the papers are from the Hello Sunshine collection. :)

I started with 6 sheets of double-sided papers and some white cardstock for all of my projects (including tomorrow's post as well). I did add a few other things like chipboard letters...but you'll see.

Here's my first layout:


Supply Savvy notes:
* When you know you are only going to use a piece of paper as a background border, cut out the middle of the paper to save it! Here is a picture of the back of my finished layout...you can see what I mean:
* If your papers come with a strip at the bottom that has a design on it or on a portion of it, use it! A few of those strips on my layout are those.
* Easy and cheap embellishments can simply be part of the paper cut out and added as an embellishment. I do this a lot. But those clouds are cut from a piece of paper.
* Don't be afraid to use your leftover letters and mix them up. See my title, I didn't have a t or a p in that alphabet so I used it from another alphabet.
* Don't have fabric or ribbon to add to your project? Use paper and fold it over, leaving it loop up some as tabs.
* Stitching on your layouts can add texture and design at a very small cost.
* Use scraps and small pieces!


Here are some close up's of the layout:




And now we come to layout number 2...


Supply Savvy notes:
* Did you see the circles I cut out and used on my first layout? Well I didn't want that paper to go to waste! I used it on my layout. The missing circles just made for a creative design!
* Create your own embellishments using paint. Paint is cheap and can go a long way. I made my "splashes" with 3D paint and filled with glitter.

Here are some close up's:


And finally, I did the same thing with my card. I used the piece of paper that I cut the pink circles out of (used in my top layout), I layered it over patterned paper and built the design of my card around it.


I am very excited to share the last project with you, but I have decided to make it a seperate post. So come back tomorrow to see what else I did with these papers! :)

Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

What fun ideas!!! And your lo's are wonderful. tfs!

Sasha Holloway said...

Umm first off I SERIOUSLY love the first layout and I LOVE this idea .. how genius is that..I mean seriously I need to do a stretch your stash challenge for myself .. love it. Thanks for swinging through and showing love doll.

Melissa D. said...

Great blog post today! I love checking in on your blog as often as I can! Just wondering if you have a pic of the back of your layout? I didn't see the pic. Thanks!

Keshet said...

These are fantastic, Pamela! So fun and fresh!

Pamela said...

Sorry Melissa! Totally forgot I hadn't put that in yet. I added it!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Those layouts make me smile Pamela and I love your card. Great $ saving tips!

Marcie said...

These are fantastic! Great ideas!

Christa said...

Awesome projects!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeee the the way you stretched your papers out! I am loving all the clouds and yummy circles! :):):):):):):):)

Zoey and the furballs said...

Great ideas!