Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer's End (and more sad news)

Recently I heard the sad news that a dear online scrapbooking friend had passed away. Frankly, I was shocked by the news. Chris Hertel was such a wonderful, kind soul! I met her when I first started scrapbooking and posting things online. I met her on the CK board (the old one...a long time ago). She has impressed and inspired me many times over the past years, both with her scrapbooking and her life.

Chris will always be remembered, and I ask you all to keep the family left behind in your prayers. Erika posted the following blinkie on 2 Peas and said it best when she said "Not only to honor Chris but to remind us how important an issue breast cancer is. Chris was a HUGE proponent of mamograms and breast self-checks. "


I'm still really shocked by this.

And I don't really know how to move on to my projects.

So I am really sorry for the abrupt change, but I do have stuff to share with you today too.

It's the third of the newest releases from Fancy Pants and yep...I am one of the lucky gals that already got to play with it! :)

Here's a peek at the collection:


Let's stop right there. Isn't that the best name ever for a fall collection? I just LOVE it!!! You can view the whole thing here. And here's what I did with it:



I loved how the right side of the "Fall Frames" piece of paper was filled with frames...so I decide to add a large one to the left side to balance it out and hold my photo. I added the bow in the middle to bring it all together. The ribbon is actually from a previous line but still worked well with the page. All those little "Summer's End" pieces were cut from the bottom of the papers where it tells you the title of the collection. :)

Here are some close up's:







And then here is another layout that I did...


My son is always staging photo shots for me...I'll hear "Mom...take my picture!" That's what happened here with him holding the leave by the bush. Love these new banners!

Here are the close up's:




And yet another layout...



On this layout I cut up the Cards sheet of paper and created a background with it. I also added the flowers from the "Growing" piece of paper but put them upside down instead like they were hanging there.

Close up's:




And finally I have a card to share as well...


This is a simple easy card. I cut out the "count your blessings" piece from the Cards sheet of paper and used it as the sentiment on my card. I added a couple dots too, as if it was a think/word bubble.

Make sure you check out the
Fancy Pants blog to see what the other designers did with this new line.


Have a fantastic day! And come back tomorrow for more Fancy Pants! :)

9 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Hugs and prayers for your friend. I didn't have the pleasure of "knowing" her. And I love your projects. Take all the staged pix now - it won't last. lol!

GLOANN said...

We're all so saddened by dear Chris' lost battle with the big C. Don't know if Erika told you all at 2Peas but Nicole Polhamus did that beautiful siggie for us to share in remembrance of Chris.

On another lighter note, I always enjoy viewing your blog and your beautiful work.

Jingle said...

Yes, losing Chris was a shock and so very sad! She was an amazing person and will be so very missed. Your projects are really wonderful! I had the same problem when I posted about Chris...I did it in two posts, but it still felt like an abrupt change...don't worry...she would TOTALLY want to see your beautiful work and for you to share it!

Connie Mercer said...

I'm sorry about your friend Chris~loved all of your LO's especially the last couple!! super style Pamela!!

Casey Wright said...

Oh my goodness - I had no idea about Chris - I frequented her blog regularly - thank you for passing along the news... My heart goes out to her family...

scrappinlil said...

Hugs and prayers are with all of you at this sad time. She will be in a better place and her memories will live on through her creations and through our memories. On a happy note...I love your layouts and card..very cute. TFS

ellen s. said...

i know. i can't believe it. i would go to her blog to see her progress with treatments. i love that blinkie and will def. put it on my blog. i remember her and i talking on an mb saying if i ever went out to pittsburg or vice versa about meeting up. it's scary and her poor family.

your layouts are gorgeous! i am LOVING that color palette from FP!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am beyond disbelief... i had nooooo idea... she just posted a lo on my dad's birthday earlier this month... *sigh* i loved that woman... wow... i can't even express anything right now... thank you for sharing the news... i don't follow 2p's boards.. so i may never had known....

I love your creations as always...

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Chris. Hugs to you! As always you have created some wonderful creations!