Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Supply Savviness Day 2

So I came across these fantastic burlap shapes in my stash from Canvas Home Basics. A heart and a diamond. Someone sent them to me at one point in time and they just got set aside. I can't believe I hadn't used them yet. Anyways...so I decided to use them as the base for my project. I used the pieces of paper I had left over from yesterday's post, some big some small(from American Crafts' Hello Sunshine collection).

So I am going to admit something...maybe I shouldn't. But this project was supposed to be a gift I was making for my sister. But I love the way it turned out so much...I am contemplating keeping it and making something new for my sister. Is that bad?

Here it is:


Supply Savvy notes:
* Build your home decor project on some fabric and lace, no plaques or frames necessary.
* See those spools? Those are cardboard and once had ribbon wrapped on them. I simply cover them with scraps of paper.



That was the diamond piece and I just folded the sides over and stuck the flower ribbon in as if it was holding flowers. :)

What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do? Should I gift it or keep it?

Hope you are having a terrific week so far!

12 comments:

Jingle said...

This turned out super cute!

Murphy's Law said...

Adorable. NOPE. I'd make another one too!!!

Sandi said...

really sweet!!! Great job!!!

Sylvia Blum said...

oh my goodness.. Pamela.. this is so adorable and sweet!
And: YESSSSS you are soooo bad (but I would have done the same *giggle*) ;-)))))))
Sylvia

Linda Beeson said...

This is seriously adorable!!!! LOVE every single part, very clever.

Jen Martakis said...

LOL! I guess it depends on whether or not your sister reads your blog. ;) It's definitely gorgeous Pamela!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ABSOLUTELY stunning!! I have a ton of empty vintage spools... so I hope its okay with you... I am gonna scrap lift this and of course give you credit! :):):):):):):):)):):)

salme said...

This is soooo cute! Very clever design!

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

this is too adorable, heck i would keep it for myself too :)

Christa said...

That is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

love this!!!

GLOANN said...

Yep, you're bad but I probably would be also if my project turned out that cute! Love the way you covered the spools with the pretty paper scraps.