Friday, July 1, 2011

Fancy Some Trim?

I don't know if you've noticed...but I love texture and I love trim! I think trim can make an okay layout look spectacular! :) Last month on the Fancy Pants blog I had a layout featured on a post that was highlighting some things you can do with trim.

Here's my layout:


It uses the fabulous Beach Babe collection...notice that my layout is not beach nor babe related. :) It worked just perfectly for my fun outdoor play page.

How I used my trim/ribbon:
* I took a bunch of little pieces of trim and created a border underneath my photos.
* I used it for the tails on my ribbon that I created (that reads "2011").

Here are some close up's of my layout:

(those were just circles that I punched)

That's the ribbon I made. I popped it up with some of the AWESOME Liquid Scrap Dots from Helmar. I just hand cut and layered two circles, and then behind it is a filter flower that I just scrunched up. And of course...the two tails are ribbon.

See what I was talking about when I said I created a border? That was the look I was going for anyways.

I just LOVE adding trim to my pages, there is so much you can do with it and it always adds a bit of texture and fun to your page. To see the blog post on the FP blog which shares a few more ways of using your trim, click here.

And...I already mentioned that I used Liquid Scrap Dots from Helmar. Well, the rest was put together using my fav...450 Quick Dry Adhesive from Helmar. I use that adhesive the most!

Hope you have a wonderfully AWESOME day! :)

5 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

love the centers of the flowers~your trademark!!! so sweet!!

amy said...

love all the circles & the banner!

Murphy's Law said...

Love the flowers and the lo is just awesome.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the circles and the bright happy colors!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Karola Witczak said...

I'm totally in love with your bright, colorfull Lo's! This one is amazing!
Hugs!!