Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer in Maine and Autumn on Paper

Hi everyone! I just got back from my vacation to Maine! It's was such a nice and relaxing vacation. But I am happy to be back. Here are a few photos to share with you. I actually haven't edited anything or even loaded the pics on my computer yet. These are some I posted on facebook.

First up, the lobster...


There's a Lobster Pound pretty much on every corner! We also passed a ton of Antique stores, Art Gallery's and Craft stops. People would open up one of these in the house...using the garages or front rooms. SUCH a different lifestyle then here in Colorado.

We spent a full day visiting lighthouses. I really loved that. Here's one picture:

And then we also spent a day whale watching. There was a ton of whales!

Unfortunately the first whale we came across was not alive. I won't share pictures of that one, but it was really sad. They said that hardly ever happens and had to call it in to the Coast Guard to come check it out to find out why it died.

Sadly, I did get very sea sick. :(

And the food in Bar Harbor was all fabulous! There was a ton of blueberries, which I guess Maine is famous for. I don't usually love blueberries but I did these! Here's my favorite thing we ate. It should be no surprise that it is a desert. :)



This is literally a chocolate bag full of mooses, cookies, strawberries and blueberries. It was amazing! I would go back just for this.

If I can find time to sit down and go through my 600 photos and edit some then I will share some more. :)


I now have to go into pre-CHA mode and whip out a bunch of layouts and projects using the awesome new lines for CHA. I know, I'm lucky!

Here's a couple things I already did with the new Autumn Splendor collection from We R Memory Keepers. First up, a layout...


I LOVE this line! It's just gorgeous! Of course, it helps that Fall is my favorite season. :) I used adhesive from Helmar to put my projects together...mostly the 450 Quick Dry adhesive, but also some of the Liquid Scrap Dots. Here are some close up's:

*tip: Ever make a mistake in your journaling? I do...a lot. Here I was writing on my journaling spot and accidently wrote the wrong name! I was thinking of something else entirely. So instead of scrapping the awesome journaling spot, I painted over it and then tried again. :) And you probably wouldn't have known had I not told you. :)

I created the up's and down's in my banner by using the Liquid Scrap Dots from Helmar...they work perfectly for this!

I so love that airplane. :)

And now we move on to a very simply, easy card...

I simply used scraps and cut them all the same size for my background and then that "Simply Thankful" is layered chipboard. Added twill and I was done! :)

So I guess we had some storms while we were gone.

This is what we came home to:



The car was parked at my in-laws, and they actually took this picture. Thankfully the car was NOT hit. It was crazy close.

Ok...have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

7 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

Fall is my favourite season, too. Love this line and esp. this page. So clever to ripple the banner behind the plane. Glad you enjoyed your trip to Maine. The state is almost in my backyard! :)

Connie Mercer said...

awesome pictures for I love looking at your work~have a great time, the choc bag look devine!!

Sylvia Blum said...

Great photos, Pamela! Thanks for sharing them!
And your layout is so adorable! Love all the details on it :)
Sylvia

Murphy's Law said...

Awesome photos and I wanna get there one day. And your lo is gorgeous!!! Love that line!

Christy said...

Oh that is a brilliant idea to paint over the error and redo it! I wouldn't have ever known that it wasn't just a clever way to add color to the layout!!!! Adding that to my idea book for sure!

Linda Beeson said...

I love visiting Lighthouses, we did some of that recently on the West coast!! Cute projects.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a fab vacation!! So sad about the whale and the tree falling...thank goodness no one was hurt! I loveeeeeeee your lo and the card... I loveeeeeee the airplane on your lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)