Monday, September 24, 2012

Who Needs Photoshop!

Hello all!  I have a fun layout to share with you today!  It uses my Cameo and one of my favorite brands ever...Webster's Pages.  Webster's Pages had a challenge up on their blog to get trendy and use die cuts on your layout.  They are right, cutting with your Cameo (or similar machine) is very in right now.

I personally love all the cool things you can do with your Cameo.  Although, I will admit, I haven't used it as much as I want to because I get frustrated.  I feel like I must be doing it all wrong because most the time I can't get it to work right.  I can get it to cut my kraft cardstock perfectly.  Yeah! But if I want to cut patterned paper, it either doesn't cut through the whole paper and I have to use my craft knife to cut out the rest, or it rips up the paper.  Seriously thought I wasn't going to try anymore when I finally got it to work with my kraft cardstock.  But I do wish I could get this thing figured out.  :(

Anyways...

Here's the layout I did for the WP challenge:

I used pieces from a variety of collections for this layout.

This summer my sister-in-law took pictures of me and the kids.  There was four photos.  But just my luck, none of them worked great...each one had at least one person with eyes closed or face turned.   You know how great Photoshop experts can take one person from one photo and put it in another photo and have it match seamlessly so you have the perfect picture.  Well I spent several hours trying to do that.  And failed miserably.  So finally I gave up and thought I would do a better job just me and my craft knife.  So I cut each person out of the best photo they had and then layered them all together on the photo to create the best possible photo for me.  :)  It was actually kind of a cool trick...who needs Photoshop.  ;)

Here are the close up's of my layout and you can see the photo better too:


Well thanks so much for popping in today!

Have a fantastic day!


21 comments:

Katherine said...

I love it - I saw that challenge too but not sure whether I will be able to take part - it is gorgeous :)

Katherine said...

I love it - I saw that challenge too but not sure whether I will be able to take part - it is gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Great page! I love that trim and the vibrant colors!

Стокли said...

This house frame is adorable!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so cute!! love it

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful page! I love how you used the house to frame the photo!

Tammy said...

Lovely, colorful and bright layout! I love the kraft accents. :) I get frustrated with mine too - the paper always sticks too much to the mat and sometimes it does not cut all the way through. I can't afford to be replacing my mat and blade every other week so I just suffer through and make it work. And when it does, it's a great tool!

Bekah said...

So cute! I like the house frame and stitching.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING!! I absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeee what you did with your photo and love love love the house and the title!! Beautiful!!!!

Ruth G said...

Great LO and I love your photo solution! I'm a photo hog, so I'd probably just put all the photos on the page and end up with very little cool and fun stuff all over...
I can totally relate to the Cameo issues. I have a Cricut and it seems like sometimes it just matters what mood it's in (although it's probably how much humidity there is in the air and stuff like that!) Hang in there! Play around with paper you're not as crazy about and then write down the settings so you can do it again when you really want to! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Dorsey said...

What a fun layout Pamela! That trick works great with your fun funky layout!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a great LO! I love the trick you shared and how the photo turned out! It really gives it a fun look!!!
And I hope you are able to get your Cameo problems figured out!

Unknown said...

I love how you used the cameo, the title is great, and the house diecut is perfect!

Jingle said...

Super cute and creative layout!

Connie Mercer said...

Adorable LO!!! I'm on the fence about getting this machine~don't want to get it if it is to complicated to use.

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

adorable Pamela!

Tanya Ham said...

Great job sticking with what you want! :) I love my Cameo - have you tried different settings? I typically select the 'textured cardstock' setting (blade at 5) and mine cuts just great. Don't give up! :)

Ashley Horton said...

What a completely fabulous page, Pamela!! Love the large frame around the page and the fun house frame around your photo! The Cameo cut title turned out great and how awesome that you were able to Photoshop your own photo, without using Photoshop!! :) Looks great!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun!!! LOVE it!

Izzy Anderson said...

GREAT layout. The house is perfect! I love your version of photoshop! And I just hate when I spend too much time photo editing. It's so frustrating! I don;t have a cameo. I am pretty sure it would have me in tears. Just give me a few old fashioned punches and call it good!

Linda Beeson said...

What super cute details everywhere!