Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember

Hi all!  Today is a day to remember.  If you live in the US, than this day probably comes with very vivid memories.  I know it does for me.  There is honor in remembering.  The past shapes who we are, both as individuals and as nations.

We remember in our scrapbooking too, that's what scrapbooking is all about.  Maybe not so much in scrapbooking the history of a nation (although you certainly CAN do that!), but we scrapbook our own history, the people and events which have shaped us into who we are.  And I have a layout to share with you!  :)  It uses the fun Sweet Childhood collection from The ScrapCake.


I love the look of vintage children's books that this collection has.  Isn't it fun!  The photos are of my dad as a baby and my Great Grandparents.

Here are the close up's:


I love the look of the stitched lines under the journaling.  I hadn't done it in awhile and thought I needed to.  :)  Actually, I had been redoing some of my labels so I was going through all of my old blog posts and there was lots of things I noticed on a project and thought "Oh, I need to do that again!"  It was inspiring.  So maybe I will get more done soon.  :)

Thanks for stopping in!
Have a wonderful day!!


22 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful! As always, I love your stitching.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the kites, the clouds and the title couldn't be more true!!!!

Murphy's Law said...

Beautiful page. I totally love the colors and design.

April Michelle said...

Pretty page, love the vintage feel to it.

Lisa Echerd said...

"honor in remembering" well spoken! Beautiful page. Love the stitched journaling lines.

Danielle said...

Lovely page-the title is awesome!

Jingle said...

Very cute layout! What a neat set of photos!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love all the soft colors! very pretty

Marit said...

This layout is wonderful! I love those old black and white photos which you highlighted it on a fantastic way - keeping the feel intact. Hmm... haven't stitched in a while too... that detail photo is definitely tempting - I might take out the sewing machine tomorrow!

Christina said...

Gorgeous! I love so much about this-the title on the element, the stitching for the journaling lines, the fabric border. Love it! Great job!

Christy said...

This is stunning and I love the stitched lines to journal on. BEAUTIFUL :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the children's book illustrations in there!

Mary Jo said...

Oh my, this is fabulous! Love the title in the tree :)

blsd2scrp said...

wonderful LO! love the vintage look!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Pamela! I love these soft colors on the kraft background and the way you placed your title on the tree is such a cute idea!

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful page! Love the tree with title!

Tracy said...

This is such a special layout.
So great that you have photos like this.

Ashley Calder said...

So lovely! Love these soft tones. The tree and kite accents work PERFECTLY on this page.

Nirupama said...

So pretty, perfect antique photo colors. Love those chipboard alphas too .

csewy-csescrap13 said...

This is gorgeous...love the soft tones, tree w/title, the clouds, and the layering! One of my favorite vintage layouts!

Madeline said...

So pretty! Love the pastel with kraft; I never would have thought to do that!

Linda Beeson said...

What an adorable layout! I love the vintage feel, fabulous way to use those older pics and LOVE those mint green letters.