Monday, November 16, 2009

While I was gone

Oh man, I just got back from a fun retreat! It was the Rusty Pickle retreat and I got to meet most of the rest of the DT and pickle workers in real life...I really had a blast! We also got to do all the classes that Rusty Pickle will be teaching throughout the year. I'll try to post some pictures later. First I need to post several things for while I was gone. :)

This week's challenge at Scrap and Stamp was to scrap your spouse or significant other, and of course you need to have stamping on your work. Here is what I did for the challenge:



I used a lot of different stuff on this layout, but I wanted to point out that those family labels are from Tattered Angels. I sprayed them with glimmer mist. That swirl is also from Tattered Angels, it is one of the Glimmer Glass pieces. That stamp is from Stampin' Up! It's one of those stamp sets that I just couldn't part with when I was selling all my SU stamps. :)

And then the challenge at SSCC was to create a shadowbox card. You can find more information on the challenge and shadowbox cards here. Here is what I made for the challenge:


Those papers are all from Pink Paislee, aren't they just gorgeous! That awesome stamp is a Gillian Roberts stamp that I just had to get after seeing it on someone else's blog. :)

And you may have saw the post for the Thankful for Friends of Faith blog hop that I had here on my own blog. But I also made a card for the SSCC blog and this hop. Here is that card:


Those papers are from Pebbles and the stamp is from Unity. :)

I have a lot more to show you, but I think I will do it in another post. :)

For now, let me leave you with the sketch for this week.



And here is what Katrina did with the sketch:



I will back tomorrow with another long post. :)

Have an AWESOME Monday!

Supplies for "What I See" layout:
Papers--Cosmo Cricket, Pebbles Inc and My Little Shoebox. "Family" labels, Glimmer Mist, and Glimmer Glass--Tattered Angels. Stamp and Ink--Stampin' Up!, Letters--American Crafts, Rubber Bird--October Afternoon, Border Sticker--Jenni Bowlin Studios, Thread--DMC, Computer Program--Microsoft Word, Font--American Typewriter, Cardstock (for journaling)--Stampin' Up!.

Supplies for "Sing Joy" shadowbox card:
Papers--Pink Paislee, Stamp--Gillian Roberts (Stampavie), Ink and Embossing Powder--Stampin' Up!, Chipboard--Rusty Pickle, Paint (on chipboard)--Making Memories, Flowers and Gems--Prima Marketing, Glitter--Scribbles, Glimmer Mist (on Chipboard)--Tattered Angels, Computer Program--Microsoft Word, Computer Font--American Typewriter.

Supplies for Friend card:
Cardstock--American Crafts, Papers--Pebbles, Inc., Stamps---Unity Stamp Company, Ink--Stampin' Up!, Pearls--Hero Arts, Computer Program--Microsoft Word, Computer Font--American Typewriter, Lace--unknown.

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Great Sketch and wow I bet you did have a fun retreat!!! Love all the goodies!!! Have a great day!! :-)

Unknown said...

The retreats sounds like so much fun. I love what K did with the sketch and I lour your shadow box card. Never seen one of those before.

Unknown said...

The retreats sounds like so much fun. I love what K did with the sketch and I lour your shadow box card. Never seen one of those before.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Gorgeous work Pamela!

theneon said...

You've certainly been busy and done a great job with the challenge and the sketch.

sally said...

wow!! Love the cards...they are adorable! and the sketch is marvelous...thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Helen said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! You're so creative! I love checking our your blog and your creations!
Blessings!
~H

Tracey Taylor said...

Love what you have done here. Beautiful work.

Fern said...

Wonderful projects.. Love the layout out did on your DH and son, great bg paper... And it looks like you had a wonderful time at the retreat..

laterg8r said...

gorgeous projects, love that first LO of your spouse :D