Monday, February 11, 2008

Bring on the Bling!


This is a layout that I did tonight. One of my best friends, Ty (we call her Ty, her real name is Tylene) had a son whom they named Kyen (we call him Ky). So we have Ty and Ky. :) The pp is Fancy Pants...I love it. Then I just had fun...experimenting. I sewed scallops on the twill (didn't work out exactly as planned---but it is ok). I layered several embellishments on the bottom corner of the photo, including a Hambly overlay, sticker bling, rub-on's, flowers, and an epoxy sticker. I like how that turned out. I found these stickers from Stampendous that I have had for awhile and not used...they look like rhinestones...or bling. Well, here is a tip on how I used them, being that the stickers were so small. I took my paper piercer and picked up the sticker with it (sliding it gently under the sticker). Then I put it on to the paper (flower and scallops--overlay) using the paper piercer as well. When I used my fingers I couldn't see where I was putting it and the stickers were getting stuck everywhere.

6 comments:

JeanneLee said...

Cool idea, TFS the tip on the paper piercer!

Etha said...

Ho neat! I use my paper piercer as well to transfer blings, otherwise it just sticks to my finger or wherever but not where I want it :) But what an undertaking!! The flower looks great that way!

Tracey Taylor said...

I love this effect! Gorgeous work.

TanishaRenee said...

Beautiful!

Karen Brooks said...

I love the detail and work you put into that flower - absolutely gorgeous!!!

Karen Brooks said...

I love the detail and work you put into that flower - absolutely gorgeous!!!