Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Altered Spice Rack


For the Survivor contest over at Making Memories For You I needed to alter something, and include a transparency on it. I decided to alter an old spice rack.

I first dumped all the old spices and washed the containers in the dishwasher.
Then I painted the whole thing pink (kinda hard to see in the picture).
Then I sorted through all of my buttons--this took forever. :)
I filled the containers with buttons and decorated the lid with pp and the color buttons in the container (or in some cases--the shape).
Then I put ribbon around the bottom and top of the spice rack...again, this is hard to see in the picture...but it is white ribbon that I tied lots of knots in.


Then I decorated the top.


I created an image from scratch of words that create a flower shape and printed it on a transparency, and then painted around it with 3D paint. Here is the image I created in case anybody wants to use it themselves.


Supplies:
Patterned Paper--Scenic Route, Basic Grey, DCWV, My Minds Eye.
Paint--Making Memories
Ribbon--Making Memories and Stampin' Up
Transparency
Computer font--Decaying Kuntry
3D Paint--Scribbles
Fancy Pants packaging (this is the scallops that I used on top)
Crystal Effects (I put buttons on with this, but I also made random bubble dots on the pp on top--this is very hard to see on the picture, sorry.)

8 comments:

scrappyhappy08 said...

It's really cute!! And as far as that lady is concerned...She just seems the type that really gets flustered easily....Or perhaps she's just a Bee--yotch!!!!LOL....There are much better people in the SB world...Don't waste your time....:) Great cards too!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Wow! That's a GREAT project!! You did an awesome job with that!

Christina Carnoy said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That is seriously cute!!!

Jen Glover said...

Pamela, I LOVE it! I want one! Make a few and we'll sell them at The Coconut ScrapShop!

Lauren said...

That is really cool looking. You could do this with almost any spice rack. One to try is SpiceStack - it holds 27 bottles (sold separately) and the drop-down drawers make it easy to find what you need fast. This one would be hard to paint, but it is a great way to store lots of little scrapbooking items in a small amount of space and stay organized! Check it out at www.SpiceStack.com and Happy Organizing!

TanishaRenee said...

this is so freaking creative!!!!! I love it- I have one of these and now I have another use for it!

Renee Dowling said...

This is such a cool idea, WTG, it looks awsome, now to get my hands ona rack for myself!!!
Reneexx

Anonymous said...

...Pamela Young shares a spice rack which she altered and repurposed for storing her buttons. Take a look...