Thursday, March 26, 2009

Technique Thursday

Second post for today.  :)  

Today was my turn over at ScrapLovers to post a new technique.  I must admit, I love it when I have to do this.  I love stretching my creativity and trying to come up with new things to try.  

I have a box full of transparencies that I use for many different things in scrapbooking. I once discovered a new technique. On my transparencies there is a rough side and a smooth side. If I want to print on a transparency I need to print on the rough side, because if I print on the smooth side the image will rub off. Which actually led me to what I call "stamping with transparencies."

I opened a digital scrapbook page (from Marks Paper Company) and printed it on my transparency. I printed it on the smooth (wrong) side. Then I laid it on top of some chipboard and rubbed. The ink transfered from the transparency to the chipboard. It's almost a distressed stamping look. It's a very easy technique. 
 You can also do it on papers, it doesn't have to be on chipboard. 


And here is a card I made using my stamped chipboard.  :)

Sorry for the bad picture of the card.  It is blizzarding here and I can't go outside to take my picture like I usually do.  

Hope you try this technique...it is fun!  :)  

Supplies for Card:
Papers--GCD Studios, Digital Paper--Marks Paper Company (downloaded at their site), Chipboard Bird--Scenic Route, Stamp (Thank you)--Scarlet Lime, Ink and Embossing Powder--Stampin' Up!, Various embellishments are unknown (flower, gem, trim).  

6 comments:

Elisa K said...

I so love this technique and use it lots. Love your card....

Hugs
Elisa K

*Paula* said...

Very cool! I'll have to try that technique!

vtpuggirl said...

Very cool, I've messed up the transparencies so many times, who know I was so close to a happy accident, instead of just a mistake?

Unknown said...

I love to make my our rub ons this way. Never tried it on chipboard though.

TanishaRenee said...

Pam, I always enjoy your techniques, they're so creative and make me wonder "how'd she come up with that?" Awesome!!

gudrun said...

I love this technique. Thanks for sharing. :)
And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)