Thursday, March 19, 2009

Carving Pumpkins and an Ear Infection

I have more Halloween for you today.  And it is also another layout made for the Make It Yours challenge at Scrapbooks, Etc.  This time, the layout was inspired by my friend--Grace Tolman.  I have seen Grace all over in the magazines lately!  Yeah for her!  

Here's my page--


I sandwiched the transparency in between cardstock (slightly smaller than the transparency) and my elements.  I also sprayed glimmer mist on the back of the transparency for a messy look (like my pumpkin guts).



So we had to go to the doctor today.  Last night my son was up all night screaming bloody murder.  He kept telling me that his cheek hurt, which I couldn't figure out.  I tried everything, especially a lot of comfort, but it was a rough night.  Finally he tells me that his ear hurt.  Now it was starting to make sense.  So this morning we got in to see the doctor, and yep, he has an ear infection.  I just hope he (and me) is able to get some sleep today because we were seriously up pretty much all last night.  :(  

Supplies for "Carving Pumpkins":
Papers--Making Memories, SEI, Cosmo Cricket, and Pink Paislee, Clear Sheet--Creative Imaginations, Glimmer Mist--Tattered Angels, Stickers--Creative Imaginations, Cardstock--Bazzill, Thread--DMC, Black Sharpie, 3D paint--Scribbles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope DS feels better soon! ear infex are no fun!

audrey neal said...

great layout --love the colors and how you used the transparency!

hope he gets over his ear infection soon -- my youngest had to get tubes at 9 months. Before that, she kept ear infections constantly, and I remember how terrible that could be, especially at night.