Since we have already established that I am dreaming of Summer...how about we make it worse by posting pics of summer? :) A while back I was asked my Creating Keepsakes to do a special assignment for them, which of course, I jumped at the chance. Not long ago, they released a special issue called Scrapbooking Ideas For Every Season. In it you can find this layout:
Yep, it screams summer! Which was actually the assignment. All the papers, chipboard and rub-on's are from Fancy Pants Designs.
* Use your scraps and create two strips of 2 x 2 squares, add 2 x 2 photos in as well.
* I created a red scallop border to go under my strips of paper and photos, but to break up the straight linear feeling, I tilted them!
* When I hand cut the scalloped border out of the red paper, I used both sides (top one looks more like waves and bottom like scallops)
* Try making a large sun and building your page around it!
* Add your journaling in the form of a wave, then add stitching in between for a fun look.
* Try adding rub-on's directly to your photos, like my "Hello Sunshine" on the pool pic.
Here are some close up's:
I really had a lot of fun with this 2 page layout. :)
But it does make me long for summer even more.
Thanks for stopping in today!!! Have a wonderful day!