Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update and a Project

I'll tell you one thing....I am so sick of laying on the couch!  I'm still in a lot of pain, and sleeping a lot.  I am just so ready for this to be over with.  I don't do well with doing nothing. 

Still a lot going on though.  Eryn turned 3!!!  Although sometimes she seems older than she is, so it's kinda hard to believe that she's only 3!  

My sweet Austin has been having trouble at school.  There's a bully situation we are dealing with.  But I am feeling pretty good about the school's efforts to deal with it.  And they are supposed  to be meeting with the parents of this kid today...the whole thing is frustrating and heart-breaking.  I just don't get it, and there seems to be so much of it (bullying) going on these days.  It's sad how many people have stories they can share.   

Not all is bad though....I'm getting lots of good cuddle time from the kids.  I think they are worried about me.  Austin and Eryn especially.  Hayden kind of lives in his own little world. 

I've discovered Viggle and have been accumulating bunches and bunches of points since I don't have much else to do.  I am saving my points and trying to collect enough for a Kindle.  If you haven't heard of Viggle before, you essentially get points for checking into tv programs.  I have the app on my phone and just check in when something new comes on. 

Well I do have a project to share today as well.  It's a canvas that I created to hang on the wall.  I showed the step by step process on the Fancy Pants blog, so check that out here

The papers and stickers are all from Fancy Pants, from their Winterland collection.  Here is a close up:

Well thanks for popping in again today!!!!  I'll be back soon!

Have a fantastic (LEAP YEAR) day!!


21 comments:

Penny said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling up to posting! I saw that you had followed my blog, thank you!~ I followed your's so much I hadn't realized that I wasn't already a follower so I took care of that too! Happy Birthday to your little girl! I hated to hear about the bullying! It's so sad when it happens and makes you as the parent feel helpless. My grandson is VERY HYPER, and I do mean VERY, and has ADHD, but is VERY smart, but he was bullied for most of K - 1st grade, I finally threw a fit at the school house and stopped most of it. Oddly enough it was the just as much some of the parents as it was the kids. I hope they take care of it for you! Oh yeah, I forgot I loved the project, and the flower! Love Penny

Madeline said...

Precious snowmen!

Anonymous said...

oh my, I do hope you get well soon!! :) And I love your canvas and LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

glad you are feeling better!

that snowman is just way too cute

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about the bullying...hopefully with the parents being talked to it will stop....

I loveeeeeeeee your canvas! I loveeeeeeee the little snowmen!!! CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! I adore the snowmen!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Bullying stinks! I'm so glad to hear that the school seems to be on board and is dealing with it. I am in love with the snowman canvas! Such a fun piece of decor. :)

Danielle said...

Your canvas is adorable! So glad your surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon and can start to get up and around.

GLOANN said...

Been checking daily to see if you had an update. Sorry that you're still not feeling the best and hope that good healing is taking place. Lovely canvas.

Anonymous said...

Bullying is no fun! I am so sorry to hear of that. I love that adorable canvas!!!

Murphy's Law said...

hugs and prayers for healing both you and the bully. i love love love the snowmen. Good luck with the kindle. I love mine!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! Love the snowman!

Jingle said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better and hoping the rest of your recovery is quick!!! Your canvas is wonderful! So cute!

Beth Hallgren said...

Hear you on the "lying around", had knee surgery too a few years ago and they made it sound like I'd be up and moving that week! NOT!

We had bullying issues with my son too. He stutters and has always been very big for his age. Bad combo.

Hope you feel better soon!

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful canvas!! Hope your up and about soon!

Heidi said...

I love your canvas. You are very talented! Sorry to hear about the bullying situation. I have a preschooler and dread it when he starts school because of all the bullies I hear about.

Sylvia Blum said...

such a pretty and cute snowmen card :) TFS!

Unknown said...

Hello :) Hope you heal faster, it's no fun to not be able to do all the thing we want to do!! I love your canvas, I'm such a sucker for snowmen, they're too cute!! I love that Winterland collection and you have done such a wonderful job with it. Take care!

Jennifer Ciriano said...

Hoping you feel better soon! Loving your canvas!

Christa said...

Glad you're feeling better! Beautiful canvas!

Tracy said...

Hope you heal quickly.
Your canvas is so cute.
Take care and rest, yup that is the best medicine :)