Friday, June 13, 2008

My Vacation :)

So I realize that I haven't really said much about our vacation.  So, let me do that...but just so you know, this post has A LOT of pictures!!!  :)  The trip was fun, but it was really busy.  We went with my parents and my sister and her boyfriend. So...first stop, Grand Canyon.


It was awesome! We took a ton of pictures, even more than at Disneyland.  We hiked some and drove around the whole thing. My DH kept freaking me out by taking the boys to spots for pictures off the path...all I could picture was them slipping and falling! He even went a couple places by himself and people would stop and look and say "that man is crazy." LOL. He is. 






Next, we went to our relatives in CA. It was nice catching up with them, it had been awhile since we had seen them.


Then came Disneyland. The boys were a bit overwhelmed. They started off a little afraid of the rides but soon opened up to them all. They were more interested in "meeting" their "friends" (the characters). We did go back to the hotel during the afternoon to take naps so my boys could stay up late. But even so we ended up carrying my littlest one a lot! I am really surprised at how few pictures I took there...I don't know why...I guess I was just too busy having fun.  :)  

The next day was Sea World. And it wasn't the best day for it. It was cold and rainy all day! But amazingly enough, I still really enjoyed it! The boys would have rather done rides but they kinda forgot about that after we started doing the shows. We saw the dolphin show, Shamu show, and this circus type show...all were cool.











The next day we went to California Adventure. Now, all we had heard we bad things about it so we really weren't sure what to expect...but we really liked it! They have some great shows (LOVED their Aladdin show...the genie especially was hilarious) and a lot of stuff that the boys really liked, like a Playhouse Disney show. Plus it wasn't busy at all so we really had no lines that we had to wait in. 

Then came our second day at Disneyland. Austin had talked all week about wanting to meet mickey and get his picture taken with him. So we made sure to do that, went and stood in line, and then Austin got upset with something while waiting and when or turn came to meet mickey...he didn't want to! I couldn't believe it. This was our really long day. The boys did get naps, but we stayed up really late, until closing at midnight! We caught the second showing of Fantasmic and got front row sides by the water's edge. It was awesome and the boys really enjoyed it! But there was a lot of carrying the boys around...my arms were so tired.

And Austin...NOT wanting to meet Mickey:

It was really such a great trip!!! A lot of driving, but it was worth it.

2 comments:

Alex said...

WOW! It looks like you had a fabulous trip Pamela - your pics are awesome, thanks so much for sharing them! I love those GC pics, but he was freakin' me out just lookin' at them - LOL! Your boys are very adorable, it sounds like a wonderful time and I cannot wait to see what you come up with as I know these will end up on gorgeous pages for me to drool over - LOL!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jen Martakis said...

Wow! What a great vacation! The photos of the Grand Canyon are just breathtaking! Beautiful!