Since the June kit at The Coconut ScrapShop has paint in it, I have been trying to think of fun ways to use paint. Here's something I tried. I took a collection of random embellishments and put them on cardstock.
Then I painted everything white. :) This would work great with all those leftover embellishments that you know we all have.
Here's the LO I made with this:
This LO started as me listing traits and it got me into some deep thinking. :) I started adding labels that people have placed on me. I hate labels. I have one scrapbook that is more of a journal, more personal...and I think this will go in there. I may hang it on my wall for awhile to remind myself to not place labels on people. I mean, even something that one wouldn't really consider a label: procrastinator. I am one...I know it to be true, and I have never minded being called that. But it got me thinking...it really has a negative connotation. It almost means irresponsible or lazy...but that is not true of many procrastinators. Take myself for example, I thrive on pressure and I do better work! In college, if I wrote a paper a week or two before it was due I wouldn't get as high a grade as if I wrote it all in the late hours the night before it was due. Anyways... :)
Here are some other things you can do with paint:
- Paint the edges of photos or papers.
- Splatter paint on your LO for an artistic look.
- Paint Chipboard (for a cool look, paint the chipboard and then add a rub-on or a collage of rub-on’s on top, or even stamp on top).
- Stamp with paint instead of ink.
- Paint a design.
- Paint on top of stickers or templates and then remove the stickers or template for a negative painting effect.
- Paint a section and then journal over it.
- Paint an embellishment, such as a button or a metal piece.
- Add water to some paint and you will get a watercolor effect.
- Swirl paint on the back of transparencies and then adhere to page.
- Make your photo blend into the background by painting over edges and on to background paper.
- Paint circles behind buttons or elements on your LO’s.
- Paint around edges of ghost shapes or transparencies.
- Emboss and then paint over raised part or paint over raised part of corrugated cardboard.
- Paint behind single words in journaling to highlight them.
What other ideas do you have??? Share them with us! :)