Thursday, May 29, 2008

Glimmer Mist Technique


Have you tried Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels yet?  I love it!  It looks great on chipboard and grungeboard.  I have used it on paper accents too.  The Glimmer Mist comes in all sort of colors, although you may have to search for your favorite colors.  :)  My local scrapbook store does not carry them, but you can find them online.  ScrapLovers has some here.

This week I played around with their new screens.  These are templates you can buy to use with your  Glimmer Mist.  Although
you could use whatever stencils or templates you already own.  I have plenty of them for both scrapbooking and quilting.

First thing, when you lay out your product that you are going to use the glimmer mist on, make sure you cover the surrounding area.  If you are one of those people who do not like ink on their fingers, I suggest you wear gloves.  :)  Me...I always have ink on my fingers.  



Then just spray over the template.  :)  I moved mine around to use around the whole page.  Once you are done, just go rinse the template under running water and dry with a towel.  Then let your paper or product dry.  You will notice that I do have small globs that came out.  I didn't mind it though...I thought it just added to the design.  

Here are my finished projects:  






11 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Beautiful projects! Wonderful tutorial!

Anonymous said...

I bought some of the Glimmer Mist and then realized I had no idea what to do with it. Your projects are lovely and I'm getting up and heading to the scrap room to play with my Glimmer Mist. Thanks again gor the inpiration.

Anonymous said...

The glimmer mist looks like fun-great way to get personalized paper. Add some stickles to it and you really get some sparkle. TFS!!
Allison in Alaska

Cheryl KVD said...

This looks great! I'm jealous of how many bottles of the glimmer mist you have!!

So Many Scraps said...

thanks for the tips! I have been wanting to try it! love what you did!

Debee said...

Thanks, Enabler, er, um, I mean Pamela! LOL I LOVE that look and of course, you make it look so easy! LOL All joking aside, that was a great tutorial, because now I feel like when I get my hands on some Glimmer Mist I'll know just what to do to get started. Thanks.

p.s. Did anyone else think at first that the collection of Glimmer Mist bottles were booze bottles? And I don't even drink! LOL

Unknown said...

That's cool... gotta get me some glimmer mist! I bet you could use a chipboard shape for a template, too.

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

That turquoise swirly is GORGEOUS!

Greta Adams said...

awesome technique for that...i have some and love it as well

Anonymous said...

Fantastic result !! Loooove your Lo !
i've got some too and looooving it !!! :)

Crystal said...

I love glimmer mist sooo much. I also love the project you did with it. awesome on so many levels