Friday, March 12, 2010

{Jammed Packed with} Techniques Class (Day 4)

Well we have come to the last day of my technique class. If you have missed any of it, here are the links:

And today is day 4. (pg. 10 & 11 spread and page 12--back)

Today is the easiest of all days. :)

Page 10 and 11 Spread

1. Start with your painted chipboard page (white).
2. Cut various sized circles and adhere to both pages on the wings as if they were flowing across them. We are not looking for perfect circles...freehand is awesome. But if you must, you can always use some punches or a cutting system.




3. Using a white pen, outline the circles.




4. Using template 2 and 1 piece of 4 x 7.5 paper (RO739), cut a half heart shape. Flip the template and create another half heart. Adhere the two half heart shapes and outline in black. Don't forget to punch your holes. I swear we have done this before! :)



5. Assemble Cardstock Tag #5 and slide Cardstock Tag #6 inside. Adhere to page 9.



6. Adhere 1 piece of 3 x 4 paper (RP731) to page 10.



7. Cut chipboard swirl in half and adhere one half to page 9 and one half to page 10.





8. Add photos, journaling and any extra embellishments. This is what my original looked like:



And we have made it to the last page....

Page 12 (back)

1. Adhere 5 strips of lace to wing from the Pirate Princess trims (the sizes of strips will vary as each one gets longer then the last).




2. Using template 1 and 1 piece of 4 x 7.5 of paper (RP 731) cut a half heart shape, and outline it with black pen. Don't forget to also punch your holes. ***You may be tired of hearing me tell you this, but I was constantly forgetting to do this and I made it harder on myself. ;)

3. Adhere 1 piece of 2.5 x 3 paper (RP732).

4. Layer a chipboard crown (sprayed with glimmer mist) over photo spot.



5. Add anything else. :) Here is what my original looked like:



And here is another sample where I did the journaling in between the lace. :)



Well that's it. I showed you a lot of techniques, and hopefully some new things you can try, in the past 4 days. Ask whatever questions you have no matter how far it is after this posting. I will answer! And please share with me any projects you make based off this class! :)

Have an awesome Friday! Enjoy your weekend. I will be back tomorrow with a very fun layout.

8 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

It is looking fabulous Pamela! Love that little envelope!

Marlene said...

This turned out so adorable! Thanks for taking the time to show us all the steps you took to create this little masterpiece. :)

Unknown said...

these are great techniques....tfs!

Debee said...

I'm REALLY looking forward to following along with this as soon as I possibly can...thought maybe this weekend, but probably next week. Your album is AWESOME, Pamela and if mine comes out half as awesome, I will be so tickled!

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Tracey Taylor said...

This is just sweet. I really like the lines of lace used for journaling lines. FAB mini.

ellen s. said...

love how you work the ribbon! love it

DebW said...

beautiful!! just beautiful!

Becky said...

What a great little book! I haven't gotten through it all yet...but will definitely be back!