Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sharing a Fun Tip

Hi everyone!  Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  I wanted to share a quick tip with you.  I LOVE to use my scraps, but I especially love using my leftovers from punches!  They add such great design to cards and projects and it's a really easy addition since you already have it punched.  For example, here's a card I made using the gorgeous Beautiful Botanicals stamp set from Skipping Stones Design.

I started by stamping a row of flowers:

(Holy cow there's a lot of ink on that stamp...just ignore that!)

Then I laid over my flowers a piece of paper that I had punched circles out of.


As you can see, I added lace underneath that.  But I love how the flowers are just peeking through the holes.  I actually stamped a few more light flowers in spots that looked a little bare.

Then I added just a little more and my card was done!


Hope I have inspired you to use those punched scraps!  I really think it adds a unique fun design element to any project.

Have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Wonderful idea. Thanks!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have the BEST ideas!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you added the negative circles and loving the added lace too!! BEAUTIFUL!

Melissa said...

Clever! All this talk of scraps lately, it makes me want to dig out my stash. Beautiful card!

Jingle said...

Fabulous, Pamela!!!

Murphy's Law said...

that is very fun and cute.

Pam W. said...

Beautiful card...I want to try this!! Great idea.

Anonymous said...

such a great tip! love that card!

Norma G. said...

Thanks for the tip!

rosen said...

One requires the latest tools and techniques to meet the needs of developers and testers. A wide technical coverage is required to carry out load testing or software testing.STC Technologies

Elaine coustley said...

Excellent idea,looks great.x