Monday, October 3, 2011

Longing

It's not a duty, it's a longing! Truth told, it may start off as a duty. But you have to get to a point where it is so much more then that...where it is a true longing to sit at the feet of Christ. I have been there lately, and I have never felt more fulfilled! And I'm not DOING anything! I can't say that I've saved the world or brought many to Christ. I haven't fulfilled some long lost purpose. I am feeling fulfilled simply because of my time in the Word, my time spent with God.




"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" Exodus 14:14 (one of my new favorites)


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5


"Even now," declares the Lord, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning....Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love." (Joel 2:12 and part of Joel 2:13)

No comments: