Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Got a bunch to share with you guys.  

I guess I will start with a couple of pages in my art journal that I shared on the Ruby Rock-It blog.  Art journaling has no rules, and it is really just time to play and get a little messy.  I really enjoy it.  :)  And I like to use bits and pieces of collections in my art journal.  
So here's my first page:
I used parts of the At Last collection on this page.  I just love that bike...isn't it so cute?  The background is just white gesso, and I used a lid from some embossing powder to make the circles.  I added strips of color as if they were coming off the bike.  
Here are some close up's:


And then I also did another page in my art journal.  This time I used pieces from the borders and project cards from their new wedding collections. 


I'm not as happy with this one...but it's a lot easier to just move on to the next page with my art journal...I'm like "ok, that's done, what's next?"  I don't know why.  :)  

Here are some close up's:


And then I also have some cards to share with you guys that I also shared on the Ruby Rock-It blog.  We swapped with Scrap FX last month and I got to play with some of their fantastic chipboard pieces.  :)  

Here's my cards:


I just love the colors in the At Last collection from Ruby Rock-It.  It has certainly become my go-to with the new collections.  :)  On my first card, I cut my one chipboard piece in the middle to make it stretch so I could use it on both sides of my focal point. And the second one is pretty simple.  It could be used for a wedding, but it could also be used for graduations, promotions or a variety of achievements.  

And then finally, I also wanted to post a sneak of a layout that I had posted on the Fancy Pants blog.  

You can view that layout, as well as find out what I have to say about using buttons, here.  

Speaking of Fancy Pants...did you know that they are doing a cool blog hop with Tombow this week.  Every day on their blog they will be posting two projects (twice a day).  I have a card and a layout that will go up tomorrow that I am very excited about (had a lot of fun creating these)...I'll share sneaks soon.  Or just check it out yourself.  :)  

Ok, well thanks for stopping by this slacker's blog.  Some day I'll get back to blogging regularly (but doubtful that it will be soon...I'm just busy).  

Have a wonderful day!!!!


14 comments:

gssfam said...

I miss my art journaling! Yours is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects! I've never done anything like your art journal, but you may have inspired me to do so!

Studio RoseRose said...

I love your art journal ! Pages are gorgeous! Reminds me I need to get back to work on mine.

craftykellyj said...

Love your cards and art journal pages!!

Tegan said...

Way cool art journal! And the card is beautiful too! The sneak peek of the layout is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love your journal, cards and of course the FPD project!! :)

Dictionary said...

Wonderful projects, love the cards they are so pretty!

Connie Mercer said...

love the buttons on the page for fancy pants!!! Great art journal pages!!

Lisa Dickinson said...

that button-filled heart is fabulous! love! :)

Cathy said...

stunning...simply gorgeous!

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty projects!

Linda Beeson said...

Love your artsy journal pages and how cute is that button heart

Rose Ann said...

Very cool journaling...love all the messy paint and the button heart is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Amazing art journaling!