Today, for Unity's Hip Hop we are sharing ornaments and projects you can do with your kids. You'll want to start the hop at the Unity Blog. If you came from Jennifer then you are in the right place. :)
So here are some ornaments I made:
I used the Embellished Season stamp set. :)
They are so simple to make...here's how:
1. Stamp two of the same image on patterned paper.
2. Cut out around the image. You want to leave at least 1/4". It may look weird but it will look better after you add stitching plus you can trim it later.
3. Now I like to hand stitch...always have, but you can definitely use your sewing machine instead of doing it my way. If you look at my picture, you will see that I DID do ONE with my sewing machine. But for most--I poked holes for my stitching and then took floss and a needle and stitched around my ornament. Leave a tail at the beginning of your stitching if you want to be able to do a bow. Stop when you are about 75% of the way around.
5. Then finish your stitching. Once I get around, I go backwards and fill the rest of the stitching in.
6. Once you are finished with your stitching you should have two tails. Make a bow. :)
7. Add your lace to hang it by. **My later ones I actually put the lace in between the layers and stitched it in...I much prefer that, but for this one I hadn't done that.
8. If you want to trim your edges so the two pieces match completely, now's your chance. :)
Here's a picture of one where I did the lace on the inside.
AND these are something you can do with your kids too! Hayden sat down with me and made his own:
He even did the sewing machine (with a lot of help). He really seemed to enjoy it and asked if we could make more. His brother was jealous when he got home from school and saw what Hayden got to do so it looks like we may be making more. :)
I do have another stamp set to give away today. :) All you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post and you could win this stamp set:
But if you WANT to become a follower, you can do that too! Just saw I am at 698...SO close to 700. :)
And in case you missed the fabulous announcement...Unity is now co-branding with Webster's Pages!!! Isn't that awesome!!! Two of my FAV companies. :) Check it all out here.
Unity has so many fabulous deals going on right now...one thing...
...and even MORE!
And now it's time to hop on to the lovely Natalie.
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!