***Don't miss the Scrapbook Challenges Blog Hop post below this! There are a ton of prizes!!! Scroll down or click here.
Happy National Scrapbook Day everyone! :) Welcome to ScrapStreet's NSD Blog Hop! If you are just stopping in, why don't you join us at the beginning on the ScrapStreet blog. Also, check out the Challenge forum for several NSD challenges! :) And while you are there leave some love in the gallery! :)
Thought I'd share a layout and a technique with you today. It's a simple technique, nothing too complicated. :)
I used the wonderful "Life's Portrait" line from Websters Pages. Here are some close up's:
And I thought I'd show you a quick step-by-step to creating those fun and unique bows. :) They are super simple.
1. Start with a piece of fabric or paper. (mine in the picture is crinkled just because I had already been playing with it)
2. Start folding it like a fan. Just remember, the width of the fold is how far it will stick off your page, so if you are one of those people who don't like your layouts too bulky you will want to make your folds super skinny. :)
3. Tie a piece of string or ribbon around the center of your piece. Leave the tails hanging off.
See, super simple! :) Would love to see how you use this technique. If you do it, please let me know and/or upload it to the ScrapStreet gallery so we can all see! :)
I am offering up a RAK today! :) You can get entered into the drawing 3 ways (do all three and you will increase your chance of winning!):
1. Leave a comment on my blog
2. Become a follower (and leave another comment telling me you became a follower or that you already were one).
3. Post about this RAK and/or this Blog Hop on another site (your blog, facebook, another group...) and then leave me another comment with a link to your post. :)
What is the RAK you ask, well it is none other than the line I worked with, the "Life's Portrait" line from Websters Pages:
You can view the papers better here.
AND I will also include these Bloomers from Websters Pages:
And now back to the Hop! You don't want to miss the rest of it...