Thursday, May 30, 2013

Always Have To Steal My Hugs

Hi all!  I can't believe June is almost here!  This year has flown by, but especially May has flown by.  Where did it go?  No seriously...where did May go?

Well we just got back from a trip to middle of nowhere, Nebraska.
And I'm glad to be back.  :)

But it won't be long before we are off again.  We just have a really busy summer planned.  What about you guys?  You going on any trips this summer?

So anyways...you want to see a new layout?

This layout uses the super cool Swagger collection from Fancy Pants Designs.  I had a lot of fun with it.

Notes about this layout:

*  I loved the cool design on my background sheet of paper and I enhanced it by adding stitching around some of.  Makes the design pop a lot more.
*  Another piece of paper I love was the cool Chevron piece, with some creative cutting and layering you can really change up the look.  :)
*  Sometimes I add mod podge or glossy accents on top of small letter stickers so I don't end up losing any of the letters...just helps them stay on.
*  Funky rub-on hats are the best.  :)

Here are some close up's of my layout:


And then I also made a card using some of the pieces left from the chevron design that I had cut up.


Well thanks for stopping in today!!!

Have a fantastic day!!


18 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

great work those chevron shapes are a great accent

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fabulous page, Pamela! Love the stitching and how it enhances the design.

Mirabyll said...

Wow! The effect of the chevron arrows is just amazing! I will have to try that! I will keep hugging my boy forever, it's my right as a mother, I'll inform him about that daily! =)

Lizzyc said...

This is a fabulously trendy layout! and I really do not know what happened to may.. I am still in denial that June is a couple of sleeps away!

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS! I love all that great stitching!

Sue Althouse said...

What a fun page! Love that stitching!

Murphy's Law said...

Love the colors and the fleur des lis rocks.

Madeline said...

Very pretty! Love the stitching around the fleur-de-lis!

Anonymous said...

Great layout. I love the chevrons behind your photos.

Connie Mercer said...

love, love~great design!!!

Jingle said...

These are so super pretty!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is AMAZZZZZZZZZZZING! I love love love that LO-- love the banners with the button at the top.... love the cut outs behind the pics... LOVE that flourish with stitching.... LOVE the design and layers of each piece... LOVE IT ALL!! You blew me away!!! And then you have a card!!! LOVE it too! LOVE the arrow in the center with the buttons-- FUN design! LOVE this post!! I'm totally inspired:)

Kelly Massman said...

great layout--funny, i just posted a layout using this collection today... :)

Rose Ann said...

Hi Pamela,
Love you lo and card, beautiful! I just bought some of this very same paper :) Thank you for the inspiration <3
My daughter is just back home from college graduation and job seeking! My hubs is in Qatar! I am planning a trip to my family reunion in Nevada at the end of June :) Busy here also ;)
Enjoy your travels over the summer!!

Mary Jo said...

Love the added stitching!!
No big plans this summer.
Yet :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

What a great layout & I love the card! So perfect

Unknown said...

What a fun, sweet, and beautiful layout!!! Love the card, too!! I agree - what happened to May?!

Tracy said...

This is such a fun layout.
I love all your stitching.
I too have to steal my hugs..but its worth it ;)