Well...we had a few days of sun, which was nice, now it is supposed to snow again tomorrow. And I am so over it. I am desperately seeking Spring! I want to plant my garden! I'm afraid we are going to skip Spring and head right into Summer. Oh well.
So I have a few projects to share with you that use the fun Down By The Shore collection from Fancy Pants Designs. First up, a layout:
Things to note about this layout:
* I used pieces from the wave pattern stencil and laid them on my paper at the bottom to essentially create a mask. I then sprayed some blue ink around them.
* I love adding rub-on's directly to my photos, here that large flower on the bottom right of my photo is a rub-on. The swirls at the top left of the layout as well as the words above the waves are also rub-ons.
* Go big! Thinking of adding stitching to your project? Well why not do some large stitches for a fun, funky look.
* The journaling and the itinerary for our cruise are tucked inside the anchor envelope behind the photo. You can see the top of one of the pieces poking out.
* Journaling cards or 4x6 cards are great for blocking out your page. I started my layout by placing three cards in a row to create my background. But instead of layering three separate blocks and keeping a blocked look, I layered on top of all of them together.
Here are the close up's of my layout:
And then I also made three cards using the same collection. Here are those;
And finally, I have a new sketch for you all. It's up on the Fancy Pants blog:
And here's a sneak of my layout for this sketch:
You can find the whole post here.
Well I know I shared a bunch today, can you tell it's the end of the month? ;) Thanks for stopping in!!!
Have a marvelous day!