Last week I had a post on the Fancy Pants blog and I have just been dying to share it with you here too! :) By the way...I have been LOVIN' all the projects on their blog lately, you should definitely stop in for some inspiration!
So...for my project, here is what I did:
1. I cut a bunch of 2x2 squares from some of my favorite pieces of paper from the fabulous Saint Nick collection.
2. I then laid them out in a design on top of a piece of canvas fabric. (For my end points, I just cut my squares in half, making triangles, to use on the edges)
3. I cut the canvas around my design, leaving a small canvas border.
4. I then ran my piece through my sewing machine, to make sure all the pieces stayed down and to give it more of a quilted look.
5. Then I covered it with a sealer.
And this is what I got:
And because of the sealer, I am able to wipe it off if need be. And if I need to iron it, I just flip it over and iron on the back (you may want to use a lower setting on your iron...I didn't, but better to be safe than sorry).
I really am so happy with the way this turned out! This was such a fun, easy project! Maybe I will try curtains next! :)
Thanks for stopping in!!