Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stories in Hand

So I am currently taking Jessica Spague's "Stories in Hand" class.  So far, we have essentially received a free book that we put together.  I can't wait to see what else comes in the class.  But I wanted to show you what all I have done so far.

This is the material that Jessica provided us with.  I simply printed it all, cut, and then bound it.  I didn't do anything special or unique with it.  But it is cool...full of journaling prompts and ideas.  


This is essentially a companion book to use as you work on your journaling projects. So I wanted to make a album/journal to use for my projects.  I will record my stories in it. It will mostly be stories that I do not have pictures for.  But I will still use my scrapbooking supplies and embellishments to design the pages the stories are on.  Anyways...here is the cover that I made for this album:

I used the same digital materials that Jessica designed for the class and added some of my own embellishments.  Since it is going to be a cover of a book, there is a lot of stitching because I didn't want any of my embellishments to fall off over time.

Well, let me know what you think of it.  I will have to set it aside for now, and I will probably get back to the pages of the book in a few months.  Too many current projects to work on.  :)  But I will show you when I do start telling my stories.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I am taking that class also and I love the companion book you made..that is such a good idea!!

Julie said...

I was going to take the class...ugh I totally forgot... is it too late to join?

Alex said...

Very cute!! Love the companion book you made! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Pink Owl Paperie said...

Ohhh so sweet! I love the little bird and all the stitching detail. I read about the class and spaced it! Can't wait to see all you do with it!

Jen Martakis said...

I love it! :)

{amy k.} said...

I love that- all the stitching is so cute!