Monday, August 13, 2012

A Fun Canvas


Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share a home decor/canvas project that I made with you all.  I used the fun Time For Spring collection from Fancy Pants Designs for my project.  And really this collection is great for anytime...not just spring, so don't let the name fool you.  :)

I started with 6 pieces of paper, cut into almost squares (one side is slightly longer than the other simply because of the size of my canvas).  The pieces do not fit perfectly but that is ok because I know I am going to cover the edges with paint.  I adhered the papers to my canvas.


I took white paint and covered the edges and brushed over the papers, over the middle of the canvas.  Ideally, I wanted some of the patterns to show through a little.  


I hand-cut three large leaf shapes from 3 different patterned papers.  I arranged those and a strip of green paper to make a flower.  I also added the words "practice gentleness" to my canvas, overlapping the stem on my flower.  


For a final me step, I added a bit of stitching around the papers in my flower.


And my final project ended up looking like this:


Well there you have it, a simple but fun canvas to hang on your walls.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeee the colors and the flower!!!

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooo I love it - sooooo cool!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I love this! LOVE the stitching and those papers and alphas! FUN FUN FUN!

Anonymous said...


I've saved it within my google bookmarks.

Rose Ann said...

wow, awesome idea! very cool collage tulip (: