Monday, June 18, 2012

I {Heart} Paper!

So not long ago I saw this fabulous birdcage in the Silhouette store.  You can see the whole thing on this blog here.  She has a few different styles.  I loved them and couldn't wait to try it out!  I used my Cameo to cut out all the parts.

I must admit, I got a little frustrated with my Cameo though, as I was having a hard time cutting it all out, it wouldn't fully cut.  I am hoping I just need a new blade.

But anyways...so I cut the birdcage parts out of cardstock, and assembled them as best I could.  I think it looks great, although I am not completely sure I followed the instructions (I just kinda winged it!).

And I added a bunch of glitter to my birdcage.  Ok...so really I just added a bunch of glitter all over my workspace.  :)  Gotta love the stuff.

And then I made some of my own flowers, by cutting flowers and then curling over the pedals, layering them, and adding a bunch of glitter in the middle.  I used the One Moment in Time collection from The ScrapCake for these.

So...here's how it turned out:


See how much detail is in that birdcage...I love it!


The hope and love die cuts are also from The ScrapCake.  And here are close up's of my flowers:

The back is pretty much identical, except I used the word "Love" instead of "Hope":


What do you think?  I made this project for Flower Power Week over on The ScrapCake's blog (it was last week on the blog).  You should check it out, there are several more handmade flowers and gorgeous creations.

Isn't it amazing what you can create with paper!

I {heart} paper.  :)

Thanks for stopping in today!
Have a FANTASTIC day!


5 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

It looks amazing!!! I'm think of getting one of those cutting machines:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is stunning!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those flowers!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wow- totally cool!

Murphy's Law said...

Its so pretty and girly. Love it!

Jingle said...

Wow! This is so very pretty!