Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SL Reveals, a Photo, and some News :)

So let's start with the reveals for ScrapLovers. We were working with Cosmo Cricket this month. For some reason I have a hard time with Cosmo Cricket. Don't get me wrong...CC has fabulous lines, but I never seem to be satisfied with my personal work when I work with them. And (you may remember this) the paper line I got to work with this month was "Ever After" but I received the embellishments from the "Girl Friday" line which made it a little more difficult. Anyways, here's what I did to finish off my DT work for April...



Moving on to photos. I do tend to edit my photos before I use them (just little things like adjusting the colors or contrast), but I am no pro at all! Well last night I took on a big task (I thought). See this WAS one of my favorite photos:


It is from our honeymoon. Well when we moved from Idaho to Colorado...it got ruined. Somehow it got stuck to the glass frame it was in and then we apparently tried to rub off some stuff that was on it...and ruined it even more! Last night I sat down, scanned it into the computer, and tried to fix it. Now it still has problems, and I know a lot of people could do much better than I, but here is how it looks now:


Amazing difference, huh? Like I said it still has issues, particularly around my mouth (that was the hardest part for me), but I am happy I was able to make it look better. I basically just used the clone tool in Photoshop to fix my photo.

And last, but certainly not least...

Did you see the latest news??? Check it out here! :)

14 comments:

Sandie said...

Great job on the photo!! I'm inspired to go and try and fix some of mine now too.

Suzanne said...

You did great fixing that photo! I just got some of the CC papers (Girl Friday) and I love them. You did a great job on those layouts. I have many manufacturer lines that I have trouble with myself.

Jocelyn said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on fixing the photo!!! KUDOS!!!! Love the LO and I adore CC!!! I named my kitty Cosmo after the line!!! Happy Tuesday!

Jody said...

Congrats on the new design gig!
Love your pages too :)

Jen Martakis said...

You did an awesome job with the CC! ...and Hello!!! Your photo looks AMAZING!! What an adorable couple. :)

Congrats on making the team!! Yay!!

Rose Ann said...

Awesome photo editing...i could never do that!!

Congratulations on making the DT, WTG ~:O)

vtpuggirl said...

Congrats to you on the Design team! Good job on the photo! That would be so tough having the embellishments for one line, and the paper for another. The embellishments for Ever after are amazing too, you would have loved them!

Bonita Rose said...

love your layouts! U do wonderful work.. love all the color!

deb said...

What an improvement on that photo. And congrats on the DT! They're lucky to have you.

salme said...

Awesome job on the photo! And congrats! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job with the Cosmo Cricket...ever after is definitely not one of my favorite lines, but you did a great job with it.

Great job with the picture too! ANd, congrats on making the digi/hybrid team :)

Unknown said...

I also love some of the CC lines, but always seem to have problems with them.

Liz Chidester said...

Congrats on the DT! You're going to be busy!!

Tracey Taylor said...

I'm just getting into photo editing as well. I really makes a world of difference.

Congrats on the new DT gig. :)

You did a great job with such a varied mix of lines.